Wednesday 15 June 2022

1:87 Zp Wagon

While wondering what to use the remaining half KG of filament I think wagons for my brother couldn't hurt, and what's more NZR than a good ol ZP box car. I cut off the ends so I could print vertically and without any supports alongside the 2 end pieces, then printing 20 ventilators I glued them on one at a time. It was this point I realize I should have printed the Za, Zh or Zm, anything without the ventilators! Given the small size I found removing the parts from the "raft" created small dents, mini hide & seek adventures.. I did draw up some detail brackets, ferry hooks & smaller details but will wait for the Pla filament to arrive. Just need to organize HO bogies, decent couplers & a 0.5mm drill & wire from the good man Peter at Constellation hobbies on the Shore in Auckland.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...