Friday 24 June 2022

1:87 Ud well wagon Download

Not quite happy with the first UD wagon, mainly with the light weight when empty. I've been meaning to do something about this for years so the result is cutting everything into sections so I can print everything flat and not rely on support material getting in the way. I've found some metal weights from an american HO wagon shell that fit lengthwise wonderfully so I omitted that section from the wagon. Under 5 hours of time @ 0.15 using cheapo ABS & $2 of printer material to print each wagon parts.

The model can be downloaded for free here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5449098



Had to stop myself at 3 and with only 5 ever existing it seems a shame, but onto more interesting things. Still need to add a couple minor details.



I tried printing on my UP Box small handbrake wheels, these details would be ideal to produce on a resin printer but until then they look ok from 3 feet away.
Since my brother runs some frateshi stuff I've put the frateshi couplers on 2 of the wagons that can be arranged to function as transition cars when needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...