Saturday 11 June 2022

More 1:87 Shells.

Showing off another 1:87 project

NZR Body shells for my brothers HO railway. Going to experiment with 3d printing a "Frateshi chassis" with a modified length & 3d printed universal axle extension. The larger locomotives should take a frateshi chassis while maintaining a full scale body, the exception being the track width much wider like the Frateshi nz painted HO Brazilian diesels. My aim is to remove the frateshi shell & chassis block only using the motors, bogie wheels & gear frame. I can easily 3d print a Chassis with a modified length and plug the bogies into my 3d frame, manufacture some universal shafts to accommodate any length I wish. The sideframes & can 3d print to look however I like and clip into place. Since we're not worried about wheel width the axle spacing might be a few mm +/- wrong so who cares.

Finally upgraded the phone camera thanks to a hand me down from mum so picture quality has improved over the potato camera I was using yesterday, anyway, the DL I prepared a week ago I hand brushed using the last lemon yellow & red paints. I also attempted to paint the black panda eyes free hand and without masking tape & steady hand once again a mediocre finish to a less than satisfactory finish. Thus I sanded everything back as best I could and used Tamiya Fine Primer in a light coat then polish away with 1000grit sandpaper and in a similar fashion to conditioner, repeat as necessary while avoiding sanding all the detailing away. I really need to get my AITG and organize grill etches rather than trying to 3d print them.

I'm hoping a dash 9 will fit the DL so when it arrives I'll see if my gamble pays off and it fits, if not another frateshi chassis can be modified without much issue as the motor block & flywheel comfortably fit. 




Continuing on the shells & more painting later, this current batch of 1KG ABS(Sandbrooks - Auckland) seems to have little pits are appearing on the prints, which I suspect is my very worn out print nozzle! The next filament order I will try some UP premium PLA(3D Printing Systems - auckland) with a new improved print nozzle. Instead of lemon yellow I'm trying tamiya "chrome yellow".


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...