Friday 24 June 2022

1:87 Modern

 Showing off some more 1:87 3d printed 'closer to completed' models. The DXR chassis was redesigned to accommodate the frateshi motor block & bogies. The painting process is about to begin but still waiting on a few more diesel shells to be reprinted after alot of internal debate about true, semi scale & considerations. I guess you could call this a fine balance between what looks right and functionality. Anyway, the dxr body pictured is the third attempt and im quite happy with the result. The Ef now has correct detail but needs to be enlarged so its scale to my "frateshi format".

I also designed the Zg wagon according to a blueprint from the NZ model railway Journal october 1999 magazine using the Zh shape as a general starting point. I was handed a box of old beaten up HO stuff including a front end loader (pictured) so I quickly went about 3d printing my UD wagon with small modifications to the bogie regarding coupler mounting points.









No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...