Saturday 1 February 2014

NZ120 Zp wagon arrives, with sliding door.

Earlier this week the Zp wagons arrived, the test's in Strong & Flexible Polished once again let me down, the surface is to rough for what i'm after in nz120. The test print in Frosted Detail, showed more promising results, and is displayed below.

After painting I inserted the door, and to my surprise it opens and shuts quite freely. Since 've installed my brass nz120 nzr couplers on a few wagons & loco's I decided this one is no exception. A bit of a fiddly task coupling & uncoupling but that suits my style of operation.
The NZ120 Type 14 brass bogies are from Paul Woods

My next goal for the zp, is to obtain a scale TT "Mini" car, paint it yellow... and create a scene from an iconic nz film "Good bye pork pie"


A fingernail will be enough to pull the door shut,

And a wee movie of it running with the local goods



No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...