Saturday 9 September 2017

NZR USL class

Over the past week I had been drawing up & printing out a Usl Log wagon, after the first few failed attempts at printing the flat sections I changed the print orientation to vertical & found better results. 
Since I'm going to want a few of them I've managed to get the print time down to 3 nights for the main body.
Bogies are standard bachman freight trucks.
Drawn up in Tinkercad


Main body & cradles & minor detailing printed, cradles sitting in position with a friction grip.
 


Decalling finished although the cradles still unattached, still to paint the body & bogies red oxide colour.


3 Wagons completed, 48 individual decals for the cradles alone.

With a relatively smaller load but still looking the part

No comments:

Post a Comment

Building an brick arch railway bridge

After receiving some used bricks I spent some time wandering youtube and stumbled across DIY videos of people building brick archways and fi...