Saturday 1 January 2022

Significantly more 5" Track..

Starting off the new year properly I came into the possession of beautifully crafted aluminum track, about 200mtrs of it with all the extras, ties, fishplates, bolts  & etc. I quickly set aside the track I painstakingly spent a month cutting & welding up in between servicing the printer every other couple hours when a part is completed.

I had a rough idea of a track plan to start with and had already started to cut a path so pretty quickly earth was being moved, track organized and so on. 

Connecting and playing with the track gives a sensation of utter realism, everything connects without much fuss at all. I loosen all the ties first, then connect 1 track only, and then work the other track in place and then bend & align the track to your leisure, once your 40 bolt tightening's in it begins to feel like the real thing. And being Aluminum its wonderfully soft yet quite sturdy at the same time. This means however the track bed needs to be pretty sturdy otherwise its going to mess up the track when significant weight is applied. Similar to my 'Peco' 45mm track when little people accidently step on the track and deform it despite appropriate warnings. 

I still wonder if I'm actually in a coma and this is all a dream.


Going somewhere.

Day 3 is pure earth works and a small bridge over the lower dam. At this point the railway takes a 120' turn to the right and follow the fence down a decent 50mtrs where it will meet the 15" railway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...