Wednesday 21 February 2024

Building an brick arch railway bridge

After receiving some used bricks I spent some time wandering youtube and stumbled across DIY videos of people building brick archways and figured it would make an interesting challenge. I decided to place it at the bottom of the lower horseshoe loop where it would build up a few inches of water during rain. I also needed to raise the track height about a foot.

For the arch I built a frame out of scrap wood, using "no more nail" glue and screws. This held up the weight of the bricks, a few bits of wood held it up and when time to remove the frame I got rid of the supports and the frame dropped down and slid out without issue.

Once the bricks are all in place I'm toying with the idea of plastering the sides with cement & a lick of paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...