Sunday 19 December 2021

1:8 Scale NZR Q Wagon Build

 The build continues, completed the hopper doors & door release mechanism. All screwed into place and working well. I used 4mm music wire for the axles. Its not exactly scale or perfect but I think is quite durable enough for play.





Showing the complete lineup, the little 0-4-0 Polly has been reduced to just a power bogie with side-rods sitting on a rough board. The wheels on the Q wagons are slightly to large with this track, so I might attached the wheel to a power drill and file them down a touch, since the E & P wagon i've given the wheels are more scale flange. The E & P wagons also have steel bar running the entire length of the chassis so have a good amount of weight combined with the suspension results in a nice smooth & satisfying run. 

Looking at the powered 'scateboard' I'm quite torn over what locomotive to build out of it, I could turn that into anything from a single fairlie through to a DL if I wanted to. I do need to sit inside it, and needs to take a large truck battery thats almost as wide as the 'scateboard'. A standard or vulcan railcar with a missing roof section?.

A quick back and forth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...