Monday 6 December 2021

1:8 Scale NZR Q3 Hopper Wagon Build, day three

Day three see's the end platforms finished with hopper end cradles attached, figure before I do the hopper I should print a second wagon frame so I can play with the automatic couplers. Regarding the second frame the bearings have been altered in design to allow a 10mm Ext Dia; 5mm Int dia Bearing to be imbedded into the 3d printed bearing by press fit. I've doubled up the springs with a heavier one that snuggly fit outside the existing spring.

More wheels completed and fixed to a 3.97mm Steel axle. Hopefully tomorrow the second frame will be started/finished. 2kg of silver ABS is up next, I wanted black but this was in stock and sounded interesting enough to pursue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...