Saturday 3 August 2013

Hornby O Gauge as a child.

This post goes a little bit off topic, but remains true to NZR. 
Growing up as a children us kids got to play with alot of trains! Our father built each of us a locomotive to push around the Hornby tinplate track, every school holidays we built massive railways through the entire house, of which didn't impress mother who had a hell of a time navigating through a maze of children & trains! The kitchen was lino, and we called that water.. so naturally the kitchen became a port, and the dining room another connecting port. Sometimes if we pushed our luck we would run a main trunk down the hallway with branch lines to the bedrooms! Ahh countless hours of fun & making full use of your imagination..

NZR rolling stock built on tinplate wagon chassis. 

Younger brother Andrew posing with his Garret 

Another good lineup!

This is how kids played in my day, *note the absence of playstations/tv's

The good old days!

Showing off the shipping fleet, many many hours of meccano!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! My first train set was a Hornby "Devious Diesel" layout my uncle put together with my grandfather... circa 1990 I think. Sadly I don't have any pics of it.

    ReplyDelete

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...